Still to come….
I hope you are enjoying the new showers and whirlpool, and are happy to be able to utilize the steam and sauna as well. We have been open for about three weeks but there are lots of little things that still need to be done. Please know we are working on a punch list for construction and still have items that need to be installed.
Here is what we are working on to date:
- The wet vanity is still under construction. We are closing the women’s locker room each evening at 9:00pm allowing the construction workers to have earlier access to
- The wet vanity is still under construction. We are closing the women’s locker room each evening at 9:00pm allowing the construction workers to have earlier access to the space and therefore be able to finish the project in a more timely manner
- The transition vestibules between the dry part of the locker room and the wet area need finishes and paintThe wall on the dry side of the whirlpool is still in need of paint and base
- The wall on the dry side of the whirlpool is still in need of paint and baseThe kit lockers, including the book exchange
- The kit lockers, including the book exchange locker are currently located in the women’s lounge until the wall is finishedThe lounge has been painted and new furniture is on order
- The lounge has been painted and new furniture is on orderEach shower will have a shower door except the handicap shower (curtain). Some of the doors had the wrong cut for the hinge that was installed. They are being re-done and will be installed this week
- Each shower will have a shower door except the handicap shower (curtain). Some of the doors had the wrong cut for the hinge that was installed. They are being re-done and will be installed this weekThere will be a new flap-door installed on the trash doors in the dry vanity
- There will be a new flap-door installed on the trash doors in the dry vanity
- We will be replacing all the magnifying make-up mirrors and looking to add two more
- We have removed the Eucalyptus and Dewberry lotions and have replaced them with Green Team Lemongrass and Lavender Mint. We still have fragrance free lotions available
Still to come:
- Clock by the whirlpool and outside the dry sauna
- Hook next to the scale
- Sharp’s container for used razors
- Mounted razor container
- Mounted lotion and cups outside the dry sauna
- Mounted sun screen bottle in shower area
- Switch on the whirlpool that allows for timer or off. Right now if you move the switch up it will run, if you move it down it will be on a timer. Middle is off
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we continue to make Greenwood “The Best Part of Your Day”!
Women’s Locker Room Remodel Nearing the Finish
Ladies…we expect to open the wet areas of the locker room next week. We passed the whirlpool and miscellaneous other inspections this week. We are scheduled for final fire inspection at 6:00am Monday, September 12 and the final inspection later that day. There is still a lot to be done but the space is coming together beautifully.
Crews will be working all weekend on the final push:
- Increased number of jets and jet action in the whirlpool
- Handicap chair has been installed
- New motor in steam room
- Painted floor in dry sauna
- Painted walls in lounge and new furniture is on order
- Tile is complete; in the process of grouting tile
- Shower doors being installed
- All new ceilings have been installed
- All new lighting (ceiling and sconce) has been installed
- Glass finishes are being installed
Thank you for your patience as we near the finish line!
We are in the last days of the women’s locker room remodel. Estimated opening day for the showers, whirlpool, steam and dry sauna is Tuesday, September 13.
Many things need to happen to hit that target date:
- Finish all tile and grout
- Pass whirlpool inspection
- Paint dry sauna floor
- Install and fire up new steam motor
- Install shower doors and all pluming accessories
- Install ceiling lights and ceiling tile
- Install drinking fountain
- Complete the north and south vestibules
The north vestibule will be complete on Tuesday, September 6. That evening they will move the temporary wall in the north vestibule to allow access to the dry vanity and will shut off the south entrance to the dry vanity. At that time they will begin work on the south vestibule.
Final inspection is scheduled for Monday, September 12. That evening all the temporary walls will come down and they will begin night work on the wet vanity and adjacent vestibule.
Starting Tuesday, September 13 we will close the women’s locker room at 9:00pm, Monday-Friday to allow for construction to begin earlier and finish the wet vanity in a shorter time frame.
Thank you all for your patience as we near the end!
We are nearing the completion of the women’s locker room remodel. We hope to open the new showers, new whirlpool, steam and sauna on Monday, September 12.
- Finish laying tile this week. Start grout this weekend and all of next week
- Finish laying whirlpool tile this week and start grouting Saturday
- Install shower doors next week Friday
- Install ceiling grid and ceiling tile next week
They will begin moving the temporary walls to different locations to expose the vestibules leading to and from the showers. This will include closing off one side of the main dry vanity at various times. You will still have access to the main dry vanity but will be through one side.
We are in the final stretch of the women’s locker room remodel and it’s pretty much tile, tile and more tile! There is so much square footage that has to be tiled including hallways, floors, showers and whirlpool that there won’t be much more happening until the end of August.
We are still on schedule for a mid-September opening day!
You will see another “test sample” of a trash door in the main dry vanity. We want to come up with something that keeps the trash hidden but won’t pinch fingers.
The fluctuations in temperature in the temporary showers is fixed and the water is perfect. We also changed out shower heads in the family locker room so there is more pressure in those showers.
We are nearing the end of our women’s locker room remodel:
- The fluctuation in hot/cold temperatures in the temporary showers is being fixed tonight
- We are installing new shower heads in the family locker rooms to increase the water pressure
- LED lighting in the main dry vanity was installed last week. The shadowing has disappeared. The brightness of the lighting will burn down slightly over the next couple weeks
- We are pouring concrete for the whirlpool on Monday
- Prep work for the tile was completed this week
- We will begin laying tile tomorrow and all of next week
- Plumbing for new drinking fountain has been completed
- We are rebuilding the motor for the women’s steam room during the remodel
Temporary Shower Update:
- We have finally been able to pinpoint the problem with the hot/cold temperature fluctuations
- Unfortunately, the problem is not fixable so we have gone to Plan B
We will tap in to a completely different water line and run new piping to the temporary shower area
- This will be all night work and will take a few days to get scheduled but we will get the problem fixed
Main Dry Vanity:
- The LED lights have been installed
- The lights are much brighter and are lighting the mirrors to take away all shadows
- We have placed a dimmer on the can lights and decreased the lighting in the middle section of the vanity
- Whirlpool rebar and plumbing is nearly complete. They will call for inspections next week
- Whirlpool will be poured end of next week
- CMU shower walls have been constructed
- Trench drains have been installed
- Tile starts next week
Everything is going according to schedule. Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
Moving forward according to schedule:
• Continuing with whirlpool install
• Rough wall and hard lid MEP inspections complete
• Shower walls (CMU block) complete
• Fire sprinkler rough-in complete
• Begin drywall/Durock install next week
• Begin tile install next week
We are aware of the hot/cold temperature fluctuations in the temporary showers and doing everything necessary to mitigate the problem.
The LED lights for the dry vanity are scheduled for install next week Tuesday.
Thank you, Paula
Women’s locker room updates:
- Whirlpool demo is complete
- Concrete slab was poured
- CMU block for shower walls in progress and scheduled for completion next week
- Plumbing rough-in for walls begins next week
- Ceiling frames complete
- Electric ceiling install is in progress
- Calling for rough wall and hard lid MEP inspection early next week
Dry vanity updates:
- Still working on re-design for the trash doors
- LED lighting expected to ship on 7/20/16; install soon after
- Searching for better magnifying mirror due to wall damage and damage to the arm of the mirror
Everything is running according to schedule. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
We are making progress:
- Nearing the end of week three
- Temporary showers are still fluctuating from cold/hot temperatures. We have determined the line in use is also connected to ink! and to the restrooms so use of sink faucet, dishwasher, etc. is affecting the temperatures. We are looking at connecting to the old shower lines that are currently not in use which would help regulate the temperatures
- The LED lighting for the main dry vanity will be changed out when it arrives
- Underground plumbing has been installed and inspected
- We are laying rebar and will be ready to pour concrete slab next week Tuesday
- CMU block for the shower walls and wing walls will begin late next week
- The whirlpool demo will be completed tomorrow
Please remember there are seven family locker room showers and one family locker room dressing room available for your use. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!