Gary Stotler, Member Coach
Let’s face it, with many of us spending 8-10 hours sitting behind a desk, there is a real need to get moving. So, how much movement do we really need to improve or maintain a healthy lifestyle? Remember “the good old days” when we were athletes, or in the best shape of our lives? Most likely working out was a habit. Then the realities of life hit and our schedules started to allow less and less dedicated time to hit the gym or go for a run and we drifted off our normal workout routine.
So where do we go from here?
I frequently hear how difficult and overwhelming it can be to know what to do, how to do it, and how much time it will take. We have to start where we are and work toward where we want to go.
I want to give you three tips on getting past the obstacles that may be in the way of your goals:
- An intentional 20 minute brisk walk is a great way to start RIGHT NOW! A little sunshine, fresh air and movement will be a great way to start or end your day with positive forward movement toward better health.
- We don’t have to work at 100% effort all the time. The importance of setting ourselves up for success through a realistic and achievable plan is the best way to gain traction and momentum. One of my mentors told me, a little progress achieved every day is much greater than a lot of action taken once in a while.
- A great way to move past a plateau is to grow beyond what you’re doing now. Myzone makes the transition simple to find your past movement patterns, develop a new set of training goals and keep you accountable as you increase your goals.
If you are finding yourself at a plateau or even falling down the other side, now is a great time to maximize your efforts. Take advantage of the beautiful Colorado weather. Set a new goal, try a new class and watch your consistent effort pay off in June!
The World Health Organization recommends just 150 minutes of moderate intensity or 75 minutes of vigorous intensity each week.
How can Myzone help?
- Myzone will help you understand your true effort level in real time which will help you modify your movements, speed and effort to maximize your time.
- Just wear your Myzone tracker. The belt, app and advanced technology throughout Club Greenwood will do the rest! You’ll receive an email summary and you can view your workout history with a touch of a button on your mobile device.
- Hold yourself accountable and help your community by engaging through the Myzone app, Myzone challenges and in specific classes held throughout the day at the club.
Myzone provides feedback, accountability and a community to help you stay on track and make fitness a habit again!
150 minutes of moderate exercise = Blue/Green zone- 50 minutes, 3 days a week
75 minutes of vigorous exercise = Green/Yellow/Red Zones- 25 minutes, 3 days per week
“I use the Zone Match classes within the Myzone App all the time. The app keeps fresh workouts at the touch of my fingers and they are simple, challenging and I can use a variety of equipment!” –Lisa
Earn up to $500 with MyZone
Join the MEP movement and your June workouts could be worth up to $500 in Cash! Participate in the Global Myzone MEP Challenge and be automatically entered to win. The MEPs start counting for cash on June 1. Don’t have a Myzone belt? Contact Gary Stotler for details at x335 or email@example.com