The facts are clear and you are completely sold on the benefits of exercise. In fact, you can probably quote the top 10 reasons why exercise is the best thing you can do for yourself every day. You may even like to exercise yet still lack the motivation to do so. You may also find that you get started with great intentions for a few days, then life gets busy, you talk yourself out of your workout and before you know it, it’s been weeks and you feel unmotivated again. It can be a vicious circle.
One way to improve motivation is to examine your personal why. Give yourself a reason to exercise and you’re much more apt to do it every day. Your reason for exercise may have to be bigger than creating changes in your appearance or strength. Maybe your why needs to have more to do with things like how improving your health will positively affect others in your life, making you an exceptional employee, boss, parent, partner or friend. Many people find their motivation increases when they sign up for an event, race, bed and breakfast biking trip or hiking vacation. Knowing you have an upcoming event to prepare for is a great motivator to get started. Your why can be as simple as having a workout buddy waiting for you at the gym. Everyone has a different why. What’s yours?
Once you find a big enough why, the next step is to create a written plan. Those who work out at the same time every day are more apt to create the habit of exercise. In fact, studies show that those who work out in the morning are significantly less likely to allow other things in life to get in the way. A recent study by Glasgow University found that morning exercise also enhances mood 30% more than evening exertion. Exercise at any time of day, though, is better than none, and consistency is the most important thing. Improve your chances of exercising by placing a written appointment in your calendar like any other important event you wouldn’t miss. When someone asks you to do something else at that time, let them know you have an appointment at that time and plan around it!
The last great motivator is results. Results come with consistency and a solid plan of attack. Create a plan or have a professional trainer create one for you, put the plan in writing, schedule your workouts at the same time each day and the results will come. As results appear, motivation increases leading to more consistency to maintain the results you’ve created.
FIND YOUR WHY
Create a plan, experience results and watch your motivation soar.
SEE YOU AT THE CLUB!
Sheri Warren, Sales and Retention Manager
We are under way and the project is running on schedule. Anticipated completion date is fall of 2015. We realize the challenges you are facing with limited showers and no access to the steam, whirlpool and sauna. We are working hard to open the steam room at various times during the remodel. Please make sure you are receiving our weekly electronic FYI’s and refer to the website blog for updates. I will be available to answer any of your questions throughout the project. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we improve your club!
The last remodel was 2001. With the amount of usage and wear and tear, the space is looking old and tired. The tile was falling off the walls, there was water build up behind the tile and there are drains/lines that are 28 years old and need to be replaced.
We have received overwhelming feedback, via the survey, that it is time for an update
Create more private shower areas; based on new trends in the industry and comments from existing and prospective members
What areas are being remodeled?
- Shaving area
- Main dry vanity
How will I access the pools?
Access to the pools is through the lower cardiovascular area
Please wear deck shoes and a shirt when walking through the cardiovascular area
Where will I shower?
- There are four prefabricated shower stalls in the men’s restroom
- There are seven family locker room showers available for your use. Six are located in the vestibule leading to the outdoor pool and the other is located next to shoe shine on your way to the men’s locker room
- The family locker room private areas include a shower, sink and toilet
- Each of these shower areas are equipped with the same consumable supplies available to you in the men’s locker room shower area
- Please ask any staff member for assistance in locating the family locker rooms
Will the dry areas of the locker room be affected?
- You have full access to all the lockers
- The main dry vanity will be remodeled during one of the later phases of construction.
- We will notify you when that space will be closed. We anticipate performing most of that construction during evening hours of operation and after hours
What times of the day will construction take place?
- The immediate demolition is underway during evening hours of operation and after hours as removal of tile and cement slab is noisy
- Continued construction will be performed during all hours of operation to keep the project on schedule and decrease the timeline
What does the design look like?
- We have found a way to maintain the original eight sinks in the shaving area. The sinks are slightly smaller and the counters are a bit more shallow than the previous counters
- The showers will be individual with doors, but the walls will be 54” to allow the space to feel open and welcome conversations between members
- The tile will match the new tile in the men’s steam room
- The whirlpool will be completely rebuilt with new tub, tile, motor, jets, etc.
- The main dry vanity area will be replaced with new millwork, counters, carpet and lighting
We appreciate your understanding as we strive to make your club even better. Please trust we have done everything necessary to make sure the project goes smoothly, runs on time and the end result fulfills your expectations! Thank you.
We have officially closed off access to the showers, whirlpool, steam, sauna and shaving area. Temporary showers are available in the men’s restroom. There are seven additional showers and sinks available in the family locker rooms. If you do not know where these are located, please ask a staff member to show you. The area is much bigger and provides access to the same shower amenities as the men’s locker room.
We are on schedule and in the demolition process which should take a little over one week. All demolition is happening during closed hours due to dust and noise.
We have re-designed the shaving area to accommodate for eight shaving sinks; the same amount previously available. We will be decreasing the showers by one shower head.
Being prepared for your day and/or busy week can prevent you not only from overeating but also from choosing unhealthy foods. Planning ahead is one of the best ways to enhance your health, achieve your optimal weight and feel great.
Here are a few tips to avoid weight gain:
1) Plan and pack meals and snacks the night before.
2) Plan the time you will eat each meal and snack.
3) Have your daily main course meals planned and prepped.
4) Always keep a healthy option on hand. Leaving home without one may lead you to make unhealthy choices.
If you find yourself too busy to plan ahead, consider healthy meal delivery services such as Eat Meaningfully for delicious meals catered towards your specific needs. Learn more about Eat Meaningfully here>>
The temporary showers are nearly complete. We will be testing water temperatures and drainage throughout the holiday weekend to make sure they are all working properly.
Mobilization for the demolition will begin Monday, July 6.
A dumpster for demolition will be dropped on Tuesday, July 7 and the temporary construction walls will be installed that evening.
Demolition will begin Tuesday night so the current showers, whirlpool, steam and sauna will be shut down beginning Wednesday, July 8.